Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Worst Trip of my Life - Part 3


I had one hour and a half before the next train to Łódź. I was shivering because of the cold and as I said I needed a coffee or something hot urgently to warm me up, but before it… I needed to pee. As I had drunk lots of beers and just went to the toilet once because I was afraid of the “Russian” appearance, I was dying to pee. 

From far away I saw a sign. It was inside some place. Can you believe it? A public toilette inside some store. I stopped for a while at the cash machine to withdraw some money. One hundred Złotys (around 36 dollars) ‘cause I had no Polish money with me. I ran desperate with my backpack to the store. When I got at the toilette door someone stopped me. 

- Nie, nie, nie! Dwa złoty! –one guy who was at the door said. 

What the hell is “divá i zuote”?! I knew nothing in Polish and the guy also talked like he had something inside his mouth. I saw an old lady sat in front of the door. Seemed to be the owner or something. Under her chair there were some cleaning products, so I understood the situation. I needed to pay for using it. I just didn’t care, I was almost peeping myself, if it would be twenty I would pay. I took the one hundred out of my pocket and gave the old lady, asking her to prepare the change for when I’d be back. I went in desperate, took off my trousers and found nothing! I’d never seen my penis so small, the cold made it ridiculous! I felt half-man, so half-man that if it got smaller I would start talking like a lady and would call myself Belina. What a situation! 

I did what I had to do, put one more underwear and got out of the toilette. Inside was cleaner than outside thanks to the old lady. The station was smelling like pigeons, they were trying to protect themselves from the cold. I went out of there relieved. When I passed through the door I was about to get my change with the old lady that was still sat there. The man that complained before started to shout at me and gave me back the money. Ow?! Is there something wrong with it? I just withdrew it. Yes, there was… I gave her Czech money. ¬¬ 

After solving the situation and apologizing for the mistake, I took my change and went out. The cold inside the station was just unbelievable. I saw a small store and bought a hat and another pair of gloves for me to put over the ones I was using. I paid and headed to the coffee shop. When I got inside… Ahh, the warmth was so nice… that was heaven inside the hellish Katowice station. I asked for a cappuccino and a chocolate cake. I needed some energy after the “Russian” dilemma. 

While I was eating inside the tiny and warm coffee shop, a group approached speaking English: 

- Oh man, where the hell are we? This is hell! That’s all your fault! 

I knew what they were passing through. I was asking myself the same thing over and over. How can that creepy city be part of an European Union country? And worse, what the heck was I doing there? Who knows. Meanwhile a Polish guy got closer. He wanted to sit at the same table I was. The coffee shop was really small and had few tables, three if I do remember properly, and I was in one of two chairs. I allowed him to sit, cause I’m a good guy. 

- Where are you from? 

- Brazil. 

- Hmm, really nice. It’s always warm there, right? 

- Depends. 

- I always wanted to visit Brazil. 

Oh gosh! The guy said that blinking the eye to me. One more gay in this trip! It was too much! Enough! 

- Good luck, you will like for sure. 

I drank the coffee really quickly and left the table. God, so many gays… it was too much. Then I went to some benches that were in front of the information desk. I preferred to feel cold than to face that guy again. I still had half an hour till the train arrives. I took a look at the bench and sat. After two minutes I started freezing. I couldn’t handle sitting. I had the same experience in Prague, but minus twenty three degrees was too much for me. I saw a board showing the train lines in Poland and went there to check. I needed to move a bit or I would be frozen there. Maybe I would see some cities where the train would pass until it reached the final destination. 

I was there looking at it and reading lots of strange city names. I just knew Warsaw and Krakow, the rest I’d never heard about, not even the place I was going. While I was looking at the board two girls approached. Would it be my lucky day and I would have two beauty queens to warm me up? Actually just one, because the other was really ugly. So they came closer to me and the pretty one started talking in English straight away. 

- Good morning, sir. I can see that you are foreigner. We are here to talk about tour church and the event we are promoting for this weekend. We would like you to confirm your presence there. Do you go to church? Blablabla 

She didn’t stop talking for a second, and give me a break, it was the Polish version of the crazy Brazilian church called Universal. It wasn’t enough for them trying to trick people in Brazil, now here as well. I tried to be polite with the girls because one of them was cute. By the end I received two books and a kiss on my cheek. At least something for my patience and it wasn’t the gay from the coffee shop. 

The time to go was close and I went to the platform. I identified the train looking at the small board on its side. I got into the train, looked for an empty cabin and sat there. Inside the train was nice and warm thanks to the heater. I really needed that. I took off the loads of clothes I was using, sat, turned on the chIpod and waited for the departure. 

To be continued... 

BR Na Europa! 



1 comment: