Friday, October 29, 2010

The Worst Trip of my Life - Final

The last part of the trip seemed to be normal. With no snow, just cold like hell, I prayed for the train not breaking again. While I was accommodating myself in the cabin a woman approached the door and got inside. She wasn’t pretty and I also think she didn’t even worth a night stand. She took off her warm clothes and went to the window to talk to someone.

I was observing from my seat, but didn’t give much attention. I took my old chIpod with really low battery and put some nice song to relax a bit. It was day and maybe I wouldn’t suffer other attempt of someone trying to steal my stuff. I was just worried about the place where I should get out of the train. I didn’t know where, I mean I had the name of the station written down but the way things were happening and after seeing the Katowice’s train station, it wouldn’t be surprising if the station sign would be covered by ice or even broken.

I saw the woman waving to the guy outside, he was a Polish man for sure. She got into the cabin again and closed the door. Thank God she closed it because the cold wind was getting inside and the heaters weren’t working properly. The train started moving and that was the beginning of the last part of the trip.

The woman opened a book and I notice through the cover that it was an Italian novel, so I thought myself: “Once someone told me that Italian girls were the prettiest, what a disappointment”. And I’m not kidding, she was really ugly. She had that face of crazy woman, like those that in bed can depilate you with hot wax and after the depilation throw more wax just to glue you in bed. So I didn’t say a word. Just looked through the window and enjoyed the white environment.

After one hour and a half we stopped at the third station, the problem was that the train didn’t go further after that. You don’t need to guess what happened, right? Exactly, the wires were frozen again. It was too much bad luck in less than twenty four hours. I was tired of that, but I just couldn’t go back. I was close to my final destination and go back to Prague from there could mean ten more hours inside a train or even worse, another encounter with “The Russian”. There was no other way than go forward.

While waiting the “Italian” stopped reading and looked at my face.

- Excuse me, do you have any idea of what happened?

- Yes, probably the wires are frozen, that’s the reason that also the heaters stopped working. We are out of energy.

- Oh, OK. Do you know how much is it going to take?

- No, I don’t speak Polish, but last time it happened it took around three hours.

- Hmm. I hope it doesn’t take long. Where are you from? – and so she started the cheap talk.

- Brazil.

- Do you live here in Poland?

- No, I’m just sightseeing. I came to visit a friend.

- Ah! Me too, that guy I was waving was a friend of mine from Katowice. I’m going to visit other friends in Lodz and Warsaw. After that I’m going to Norway, and then I’m going to Paris to see another one, and finally I’m going back to Italy

Yeah, she was Italian. But how come she has all those “friends”? If it would be the way I was thinking, she was really, really naughty. Haha. I didn’t care. She wasn’t pretty, and with all those friends, it wasn’t for sure something normal. I put the chIpod again while the cold was getting to the cabin. The Italian girl understood that I didn’t want any sort of conversation, but sometimes she looked at me with a smile on her face. “I won’t pick you up young lady, you are out of my league” I thought myself.

That was hell for sure. I was certainly paying all my sins with all those waiting and breaking till I got to my final destination. This time the trip was a bit shorter, one hour and a half. During this time I decided to take a nap. Sometimes the heater worked and warmed a bit the cabin to make us happy, and suddenly stopped again. It was really cold and the small amount of heating was enough to cheer me up.

When finally we departure I thought I saw the Italian praying for the train not to stop again. And thank God it didn’t. That was unbearable. Cold, hunger, thirsty, tired, smelling like beer… everything was mixed and made my day horrible. You must be thinking: “Why didn’t you pick up the Italian to warm you up a bit?” She was ugly dude, I’m not kidding.

The train was approaching its final destination. The “pretty” Italian was leaving one station before me. I was going to Kaliska, a station close to Priceless Girl’s house. She probably was waiting for me. My heart started beating faster, this thing of meeting someone that you just talk through internet is always complicated. The Italian left in Widzew, as I said a station before. The train continued its way and finally I saw the sign: Kaliska.

I went out of the warm train to that freezing cold and saw a cute blond girl, all covered with clothes that I couldn’t even recognize properly, waiting for me. And after long eighteen hours trip I welcomed her with a smile and said:

- Hey! How are you doing?

BR Na Europa!

1 comment: