Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Graduation Party...

It was almost time to get dressed. I left the video game in Jerry’s hands and went downstairs to prepare myself. A quick shower just to take out the sweat of my body was enough. I ironed a shirt and started dressing. Small socks, football socks and shoes; pants, a long sleeved blue shirt, the normal striped shirt and the suit would be the last. I went to the bathroom to shave and to try to put the hair someway that didn’t seem ridiculous. Pulled here, combed there, put it to the right and it wasn’t that bad. I put the suit and that was it, time to go.

I went up to meet Chun Li and Mrs. Hakkinen. They were ready. Chun Li’s brother called asking us to buy some flowers so I needed to go with Chun Li for them. Meanwhile Mrs. Hakkinen was waiting for the actor. That night was freaking cold but it wasn’t snowing, even though all those snow on the streets was making me crazy. We manage to get out of the house and were heading to the subway. We stopped in a small market and bought the flowers, then went back to the metro station and went to the center.

As we arrived to the station we saw Mrs. Hakkinen and she was waiting for us with the actor. We went out and went to an old building. Just in the entrance I looked up and saw a man sat on a dead horse that was upside down. The sculpture was on the ceiling… Those kind of things you can just see in Prague. We were going forward until we could see some glass structure. Chun Li’s brother was there impatient waiting for us.

Chun Li gave the flowers to him and received the invitations to get inside the building. We took a photo outside and got into the building. We went downstairs where we could leave our coats. Going forward I could see a huge saloon with some corridors upstairs that looked like cabin. Chun Li’s brother leaded us to a table asking us to wait until the party started, he would be with his girlfriend’s family.

Chun Li`s Brother, Mrs. Hakkinen, the actor and I


If you think that a Czech graduation party is like Brazilian, where people just want to eat and drink for free, you are completely wrong. I also thought it would be like this and misunderstood the thing. I was lucky that I took my wallet with some cash. The place was a bit stuffy and quickly I got thirsty. The actor then asked if I wanted to drink something. Ow! He said just what I wanted to hear. It was time for a beer to cheer up. Chun Li and her mother didn’t want any alcohol so they decided to drink some juice.

Chun-Li, myself and the actor

The actor asked me to go to the bar with him. He ordered two beers and the juices. The best part was that he PAID! That’s it, he paid. What a disappointment, I thought I would eat and drink for free and what I saw was a paid bar. Bastards. I was a bit upset but I had no other choice, it was to pay or to pay. When I was standing there the students started some sort of parade on the hall divided by classes. There were so many students that seemed they came from some market in New Delhi. I didn’t want to drink beer on that party, so I decided to change for whisky, it was the same price anyway.

A woman that was with some guy and sat at the table in front of ours was staring at us. She analyzed me upside down and smiled. I replied with a fake smile. If the man who was with her saw something like that it would be a mess for sure. I stood up and bought another glass for the actor that was telling some crazy story. He suddenly saw some student and said:

- Oh my God, such huge boobs! I am astonished. I want her.

Crazy guy, he didn’t approach any girl but was always on fire. So I said:

- Yeah, she looks like krava.

Krava in Czech means cow, but also means bitch. I didn’t know this one. Chun Li stepped strongly on my foot saying that I should be aware of what I was saying. The actor just laughed while the other guests looked strangely at me.

- Krava also means bitch. – Chun Li explained.

What a shame. The stupid boy was trying to show off and saying crap. At least nothing wrong happened. My ignorance was forgiven. The party continued downstairs with the students. A singer that graduated in the same university was presenting himself singing some popular Czech songs. Meanwhile I was in my second glass of whisky with the actor. Mrs. Hakkinen bought some snacks for us to help the drinking. She couldn’t stop taking photos.

- It’s important to take pictures, I have lots of photo material at home to use. – that’s what she said holding her old camera.

After the singers performance it was time for a professional dancer that also graduated in the university. She would show lots of kinds of dances including SAMBA! I needed to see that. She started with waltz, then salsa, meringue, lambada, blablabla, and then samba. What a shame, the woman danced samba the same way she was dancing waltz, but just a bit quicker. Lame.¬¬

After the freaky samba style of the girl there was some guys dancing break. I don’t know why but I don’t like when some guys dance break, seems like they have no rhythm. To do the stuff is possible with practice, but to do the moves in the rhythm you must know how to dance!

Finally the greatest moment of the night was to come. The students took some kind of large blanket with some stuff written and started shaking it. They were around the huge blanket like firemen asking for people to jump. But in this case instead of asking for jumping, they were asking for people to throw money. Their objective was simple, the money they received was the money for the alcohol, so they wouldn’t pay a single coin for that, but they would get drunk anyway. ¬¬

They didn’t pay a beer for me and I had to throw them my money. I took five coins of 10 Czech Crowns and threw them. Everyone throwing lots of money and I didn’t want to look like Scrooge the duck, so I threw the coins in 4 or 5 seconds intervals, this way it seemed I threw a lot. It was for a good cause anyway, they needed to get drunk. The students were enjoying their moment looking like crazy people looking for money.

It was time for us to dance. Everybody was going to the dance floor while the DJ played nice songs. Old songs, Czech songs, American songs, he played everything. Chun Li really wanted to dance, but I was still drinking my last shot. As my mother knowledge says not to leave my glass away in a party, I gave Chun Li a suggestion.

- Why don’t you go with the actor? – I said.

The actor then took Chun Li’s hand and took her downstairs. Mrs. Hakkinen was just laughing.

- What happened? – I asked.

- You just said to the actor to take her downstairs to dance, but he just can’t dance.

How would I know that. Anyway, I finish my glass and decided to go to the toilet. The woman that was looking at me before followed me. At the toilet door, before I got inside she stopped me and said:

- I liked you. Are you alone?

What a mess, imagine if the guy that was with this lady appeared there just at this moment and does something.

- Behave yourself. – I told her smiling.

- I can behave myself if you take my number. – She said giving me a business card.

I thanked her and got inside quickly. I was praying for the husband of the lady or whatever he was not to appear and kick my ass while I was peeping. I was lucky he didn’t appear. I went back to my table and breathed deeply. So many crazy people were appearing. Meanwhile, Mrs. Hakkinen was trying to show me where Chun Li and the actor were. I’ve never seen her so red. She seemed a bit ashamed to be dancing with someone so crazy. They didn’t stay even five minutes downstairs. I was laughing loud because of them, and laughing even more seeing Chun Li’s face. When back the actor seemed to be really happy and his dance partner was disappointed. I felt I should have gone instead of him and by that invited her to the dance floor again.

We had a great time that night: the actor commenting the huge boobs of the student, the nice old style camera of Mrs. Hakkinen, dancing and drinking. When we went back to our table we saw the actor talking to Chun Li’s brother about his girlfriend. He came there to show his girlfriend and family to his mother and us. We greeted her on the party and felt it was time to go home before the actor that was already a bit drunk decided to do something wrong.



BR Na Europa!

No comments:

Post a Comment