Monday, November 15, 2010

Haircut in the 'HOSTEL'



The main purpose that I went back to Prague was to take my stuff and go back to Poland, but as that EU thing appeared I thought I could stay there. Early morning I called the Brazilian embassy to have an appointment with the consul. When I did that, Mrs. Hakkinen appeared saying that we had an invitation for a party. Her son`s girlfriend was graduating and it would be nice to go. I accepted the invitation but I had a problem. I really needed a haircut.

As Jerry, the youngest Hakkinen, was also with a terrible haircut, Mrs. Hakkinen decided to take us to her hairdresser. I was bit worried because it`s not everyone that knows how to cut an afro hair. Hehe. Ok, mine is not that hard nor afro, but compared to Czech ones mine is a bit ”hardcore”.

- There is no problem, Belino. The hairdresser has a husband with that kind of hair as well; she will make a good job. – So, you noticed that the thing was a bit strange, right?

The three of us went to the hairdresser. We head towards the center, went out in the Muzeum station and changed lines. We went out two stations before one of the biggest malls in Prague. The residential place is reach and really nice. Block of flats area is creepy. I`d never passed through there, but it reminded me some Polish streets. Really creepy.

We arrived at a building and Mrs. Hakkinen used the phone. Jerry and I were with here, but with no desire to participate in the ‘beauty section’. It would be better to stay home playing Halo, but as I needed to show myself well at the party, the haircut was really necessary, besides, my hair when long is terrible.

The door opened and we saw a small corridor in front. It was dark and inside we could see stairs. Have you watched the ‘Hostel’? If yes I would say that I felt like in that movie. It was the same feeling. Crazy thing. The smell was also strange. Smelled like old stuff. Jerry seemed not to care and went forward going up the stairs. I was hesitating about getting in. Mrs. Hakkinen noticed that and said:

- Let`s go, we`re late.

You can think that I`m a fool, but I thought: ‘Will they take out my ribs like in the movies just because I didn`t marry her daughter?’ That was on my mind while I was going upstairs. On the stairs there were some small windows that allowed the sunlight to get in, but it got “cut” by the fence and that made the environment even creepier. We arrived at the last floor and one of the doors opened.

A blonde lady smiled and started talking to Mrs. Hakkinen. We got in; it was a small room with some hairdresser stuff. I could breathe properly after taking out those scenes of my mind. Jerry was the first to have the haircut and after him it would be my turn. I took one of those gossip magazines that you always find in hairdressers and took a look while waiting.

Jerry`s haircut didn`t take long and it was already my turn. The woman told me to sit on the chair. I relaxed and she covered me with some robe. That`s when the problem started. She asked something about the haircut and I was there with my lonely dog face understating nothing. The woman didn`t speak English at all. I pointed here, pointed there, smashed my hair to show the height I wanted... The thing was really complicated. So I decided to ask Jerry to translate something for me:

- You are the professional. Please do what you think will be better.

Jerry translated and she said:
- Dobrý. – Or something like that, I don`t really remember what I`ve learned in Czech.

She started to cut. Cut here, machine there. Terrible, I was looking in the mirror and seeing how bad was it. It wasn`t nothing similar to my traditional haircut. It would be better if I was bald.

It was done. I sincerely didn`t like because it was a bit strange. Besides, the way she combed it was terrible. Maybe with some different clothes no one would notice at the party. Better forget about it.

Mrs. Hakkinen was supposed to do something that would take time and asked us to GO home. She said she would pay everything and for me not to bother. At night, around 10pm, we had the party to go. Jerry and I went back to the apartment to enjoy the rest of the afternoon playing some video-game. The night was waiting for me…

BR Na Europa!

Don`t forget to leave your comment. =)

2 comments: