Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Łódź - Day, ops, Night 1



The first day, I mean, night in the city of Łódź was really nice. Priceless Girl took me from the train station straight to her house to have dinner, and after that she would take me to the hostel I would stay. 

I was terrible. I smelled like beer, my eyes were like dead, I was cold, tired and really, really asleep. I guess that if I stayed one more hour inside that train Priceless Girl would have to carry me to the taxi. A trip that should’ve taken nine hours extended to eighteen hours was like a proof of perseverance. Almost a day feeling cold inside those trains was too much for me. Finally I would have a good meal and take a shower. 

We took a cab and went to her house. I had no idea of the first impression she had of me. My bad smell could kill any chance I had with that girl. She was much prettier personally than in photos. We were talking in the taxi and I was saying why it delayed so much for me to arrive. 

- I don’t believe it! Did it really take that much? – she asked. 

Sometimes I don’t believe in what happened to me since I arrived in Europe. It was too much bad luck for one guy. Of course good things also happened, but it is much easier to tell some strange fact in an interesting way than nice things that occurred. 

While I was telling my story I was taking a look at the city. It was really gray, no color… It was covered by snow and ice everywhere. It really seemed depressing. We approached her place. We were in some kind of apartment complex near a park. There were old buildings in the place. We went upstairs and she opened the door. 

- Please, don’t look at the mess. As you know, I just moved in and there are lots of things to do. 

It was a small apartment but comfortable. I felt the warmth coming from the place… Ahh, it was everything I needed. I entered and passed through the corridor. She showed me the kitchen, bathroom and her room. That was it and so I understood how I couldn’t stay there. If I’d stay there we would have to share the bed, that wouldn’t be a bad idea, but could be strange so sudden. 

I asked her if I could take a shower before dinner and she gave me the honor to use her bathroom. I got inside and left my things. She started cooking, some pasta for sure. But I wanted to do one more thing. So I went to the kitchen to talk to her: 

- Sorry, but I forgot to ask you something. 

- Do you need anything? Soap? 

- No, not really. I know that these things we don’t ask, but can I kiss you? 

She looked at me with wide eyes and that was my turn. I went closer and kissed her even though I was smelly and looking bad. She didn’t have a choice. I went to take my shower happy while she recovered herself from the “Great Impact” of “the Belino’s Kiss”. Listen, I’m no Don Juan neither slippery as you might be thinking, but I waited a lot to kiss her and when I saw her for the first time live the feelings were strong, that’s why the kiss. 

After my thirty minutes shower to take out the bad smell, we had dinner and a great time but I needed to go to the hostel to sleep. If her mom knew I was there things wouldn’t be that nice. 

We took another cab and she took me to a place that was close to her grandma’s house. There I would spend the night and we would meet the day after. I made the check-in, throw myself in bed and fainted. It was almost 2am after some wine and a great dinner with Priceless Girl. I really needed to put my head on the pillow. That’s how my short period started in the city of Łódź. 


BR Na Europa!

No comments:

Post a Comment