Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Momentach Łódź



I woke up around 10am and dressed up. We arranged a meeting and we’d go out to see the city. Actually, I wasn’t really interested to see the “gray world” of Łódź. The first impression wasn’t the best, but if everything was arranged there was no reason not to go. What should not happen was me staying locked inside the hostel waiting for the time to go home. 

It was less cold that morning, around -14 ºC. I could feel even some warmth. Haha. I took a shower to take out the smell of bed of my body, dressed and waited for Priceless Girl to appear. While waiting, I decided to send my parents a message since there was free internet. 

Priceless Girl took a bit longer to appear. She was fifteen minutes late. We took one of those urban trains and went to the “city center” where she would show me some stuff. We visited place called Manufaktura (an old factory that became a mall and entertainment center), Plac Wolności, Ulica Piotrkowska (ulica = street) and some other places. 

- Why don’t you take any pictures? – Priceless Girl asked. 

As you all know, the smart guy here forgot the camera. I had to explain that I had some memory lapse and left it in Brazil, since then, I was trying to memorize the places to remember them in the future. It was really a pity, but what could I do? 

We stopped to have lunch around 14h. I was so hungry that I could eat a grilled horse. We went back to that Manufaktura mall and ate a pizza, had a beer and talked. Her mobile rang and in the middle of the conversation she said: 

- No, no. I am having lunch with a friend. 

A friend? No my dear, you had to give me the right label. Of course the conversation was translated to me later because I can’t understand Polish, but she should had said that properly, shouldn’t she? 

- I thought I wasn’t your friend, but your boyfriend. – I released the bomb. 

- Boyfriend? But you didn’t even ask me for that… 

- Was it needed? Haha. 

And that’s how the relationship started. I’m not 100% romantic, not even a Don Juan de Marco. To be clear I just released the bomb and waited for it to explode to check her reaction. I started to like the small blond girl, and if I was going to stay longer in Europe why not to have a nice relationship with someone special? Ok, ok I was really quick but I felt some nice vibration coming from that girl. She had something that attracted me and I didn’t know what. I’d never felt something like that. 

- From now on you lady present me as your boyfriend. 

And that was what happened in my first day in Łódź. I didn’t really likeed the city. It was too “underground”, sad and depressive. Of course Priceless Girl disagreed with me. She was proud of the city where she lived. Maybe it was the snow that covered everything like a duvet, or even the cold weather that didn’t let me enjoy it, I didn’t know. The only thing was that I was enjoying being by her side. 

She invited me to have dinner in her place again. She also said the meal would be better than the night before. It should be like that as we needed to celebrate our first day as girlfriend and boyfriend. Haha. We went to her house on foot. It wasn’t that far away. Twenty-five minutes of walk I guess, but in that cold weather everything seemed to be far away. We passed through some strange and creepy streets. If it would be in Salvador I would never pass in such places. 

We arrived at her place and ate some Polish food that I had no idea what was; certainly something with potato. A wine, some conversation and a night full of love. Everything was really well in Łódź. Thank God I bought tickets that were opened, if not I would go back to Prague that Sunday, but I decided to stay for two days more. I was still tired of the first trip and started liking even more the “girl from internet”. We took some photos to save that moment. 

Priceless Girl and I


Days were passing and I was starting to be out of clothes. I needed to go back to Czech Republic to take back my stuff. I was having a good time in Poland, but to stay there without things to dress was getting difficult. I promised Priceless Girl that I would be back as soon as possible. My trip to Czech had another meaning as well. While I was in Poland I read that the EU was giving some financial help for people who would like to start a company. Maybe it was the way to stay in Prague. So that was what I needed to check. 

The goodbye was a bit sad, but I wanted come back to Łódź and that was for sure. The crying face of the blonde girl didn’t stop me. I really needed to go or I would have to buy lots of clothes in Poland. On Tuesday she went with me to the train station and waited for the train to departure. I would make the other way around as the first trip. A goodbye kiss and I got inside the train… the last wave goodbye and the trip to Prague started. 



BR Na Europa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment